Written By: Michael Frayn
Director: Debi Durst
"Noises Off", possibly the funniest farce ever written, presents a manic menagerie as a cast of itinerant actors rehearse a flop called "Nothing's On." Door slamming, on-stage intrigue, back-stage intrigue and trays of errant sardines all figure in the plot of this hilarious and classically comic play.
Saturday, Jun 22nd: 10AM - 3PM
Sunday, Jun 23rd: 5PM - 7PM
- (No appointment is required unless you plan to arrive more than 1 hour after the audition start time.)
- If you would like to audition but are unable to attend the auditions, please contact Debi by email ASAP to schedule an alternative audition appointment on the Call Back evening or whenever mutually agreeable.
- Be prepared to do cold reads from the script.
- English accent required for play.
Mon, Jun 24th: 7PM - 10PM (as needed)
Bring to the audition:
- Resume (if you have one)
- Calendar - list of potential conflicts. Availability will affect casting decisions.
This is a timing sensitive play both verbally and physically. Rehearsal attendance is very important!!!
- Headshots are nice to have, but not required (we will take a digital photo of you at the audition).
5 Male / 4 Female
- Lloyd Dallas - The director of a play-within-the-play, called Nothing On. Temperamental. Part of a love triangle involving Poppy and Brooke.
- Dotty Otley - A late-middle-aged actress. Forgetful. Has a romantic interest in Garry, and provokes him by showing interest in Freddy.
- Garry Lejeune - A stuttering actor, easily fired up. Has a romantic interest in Dotty, and is driven by jealousy to attack Freddy repeatedly. His speech impediment disappears onstage. Constantly stutters and ends sentences with "you know..."
- Frederick (Freddy) Fellowes - Has a serious fear of violence and blood. Gets nosebleeds easily. Lacks confidence and is rather dim-witted and pompous.
- Belinda Blair - Cheerful and sensible, a reliable actress. Has a rather protective attitude towards Freddy.
- Poppy Norton-Taylor - Assistant Stage Manager. Emotional and over-sensitive, and envious of Brooke, whom she understudies. Part of the Lloyd-Poppy-Brooke love triangle.
- Selsdon Mowbray - Elderly and with actorly mannerisms. If he is not in sight while rehearsing, the stage crew must find him before he finds the whisky.
- Timothy Allgood - An over-worked Stage Manager. Understudies Selsdon and Freddy.
- Brooke Ashton - A young inexperienced actress from London. There are hints (or is it just professional maliciousness between actors?) that she has been a porn star. She pays no attention to others, either in performance or backstage. She rarely takes direction, and persists in role regardless of any interruption. She is always losing her contact lenses. Part of the Lloyd-Poppy-Brooke love triangle.
CHARACTERS OF THE PLAY-WITHIN-THE-PLAY (Nothing On)
- Mrs. Clackett (Dotty) - Housekeeper for the Brents' home in England. Hospitable, though slow.
- Roger (Garry) - Estate agent looking to let Flavia's and Philip's house.
- Vicki (Brooke) - Works for the tax authorities and is trying to woo Roger.
- Philip Brent (Freddy) - Lives out of the country with his wife Flavia to avoid paying taxes and is on a secret visit.
- Flavia Brent (Belinda) - Philip Brent's wife. She is dependable, though not one for household duties.
- Burglar (Selsdon) - Old man in his seventies, breaking into the Brents' house.
- Sheikh (Freddy) - Interested in renting the house.
Pacifica Spindrift Players
1050 Crespi Dr., Pacifica, CA
See show calendar
Email Debi (director) for more information.