History of PSP
Players was founded by a group of 10 people eager to
assemble a community theatre in Pacifica. They began through
the local Parks
and Recreation program, and in 1958 the "Pacifica Players"
opened their first show, The Tender Trap at the Linda Mar school.
Years later, with a following of devoted theatre
them, the group acquired the old Baptist church at 1050
Crespi Drive, where volunteers shared their carpentry, lighting,
and other skills to convert the building into a working theatre.
The group soon merged with the local "Spindrift Players"
to become "Pacifica Spindrift Players" (PSP).
PSP has been providing volunteer opportunities for people interested
in bringing theatre arts to the community of Pacifica and beyond.